Our client is looking for a full-time Complaints Handler
Our client is a short-term, direct lender offering loans to UK consumers from £200 to £1500 for up to six months. It’s authorised and regulated by the FCA and is here to help customers in a time of financial need.
We are looking for an individual who rates themselves highly in customer service skills looking to join our complaints team on a fixed-term contract for 12 months however this has the potential to be extended. The role is based in Bromley.
As part of the Complaints Team, you will be providing complaints advice and support to the business, in line with regulations (specifically but not limited to FCA DISP Complaint Handling Rules) and all business requirements.
You will be responsible for supporting the Complaints Manager, which may require decisions to be made autonomously. You will embed well-controlled and established policies and procedures that meet the vision and values of the business with a key focus on customer outcomes and Conduct Risk.
- Recording incoming complaints onto the loan management system and sending initial acknowledgment letters confirming receipt and the process followed.
- Thorough investigation and attempting resolution of customer complaints in a timely manner in line with the company process and KPIs, including identifying the root cause of the complaint.
- To be accountable for allocated complaints and ensure progression to the final resolution letter, referring to the Manager as required.
- Liaise with the appropriate business areas when investigating and resolving complaints.
- Provide feedback to the Manager with regards to complaint outcomes and any trends identified, ensuring that customers receive a fair outcome to their complaints.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy and ensure compliance with all company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times (including Conduct Risk).
- Keeping accurate and consistent records of investigations and decision-making in line with industry best practice standards, assisting in producing regular reports and key metrics.
- Developing and maintaining industry knowledge of the latest regulatory guidance and business best practices to continually improve the customer experience.
- Provide support for customer emails and any communications routed from social media.
- Fully understand all business liability implications to external communications to ensure company integrity.
- Provide back-up if needed for other departments.
- Experience in working within a complaints handling environment, including investigating customer concerns and production of final response letters.
- Experience in helping people in a customer-facing or case handling role.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services and products.
- Experience with the approach and methodology of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) would be beneficial but not essential.
Everything else you need to know:
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 8 – 5 pm
- 12 month fixed term contract
- £25 – 30k per annum
- Based in Bromley, UK
To apply click here.
Receive HR updates
Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Free HR advice
Book a 15 min call with our HR consultants.
Guidance on how to get HR support for your business.