Think your business needs some HR input, but not sure where or how? Here are 10 signs your business could use a HR check:
- Not all your employees have employment contracts (read what you should include here).
- You have no formal policies and procedures in place or are not 100% convinced they meet current employment law regulations.
- Your staff do not have job descriptions.
- You are unsure of the next steps if an employee was to make a complaint about bullying or harassment for example.
- You have no formal performance review / appraisal process in place.
- You have no structured onboarding processes.
- Staff retention is typically less than two years or perhaps you have lost more staff than normal in the past six months.
- Your business doesn’t have an up to date company handbook.
- You have no formal recruitment process or you struggle to attract the right calibre of candidate.
- You do not check references or qualifications of new starters or conduct exit interviews when staff leave.
If this sounds familiar, and you would like some HR advice – take our simple free HR questionnaire which will give you a score, and we will send you suggestions on how you can improve.