We’re looking for an HR Assistant Placement Student to start in July 2023
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team where you can get hands-on experience in all the elements of HR? If you’re looking to kick-start your career in HR, this is a great opportunity to work with a wide range of employers across the country to understand their challenges and help solve their people issues.
What will you typically be doing?
- Assisting the consultants with general HR administration
- Attending a variety of meetings with consultants at our client’s offices including notetaking at disciplinaries, grievances and investigations meetings.
- Running and assisting with recruitment projects – including writing job adverts and conducting telephone interviews to screen candidates
- Assisting the L&D Manager with training sessions for clients
- Assist the Finance Manager with payroll on occasion if needed
- Creating contracts of employment and handbooks for clients
- Managing team diaries
- Filing all client records and documents
- Helping manage BHR’s internal systems
What will you get from working with us?
- A fun, supportive environment in which to learn about all things HR
- Hands-on experience working with clients spanning a wide range of industries
- Mentoring from the consultants
What do we look for?
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Manage confidential information with complete discretion.
- Demonstrate a proactive, common sense approach.
- Show commitment to accuracy and excellent attention to detail and administration skills.
- Demonstrate skills in time management, organisation, and communication (written and verbal)
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Multi-task under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Interact effectively with team members and clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Having a driving license is essential (due to our location and clients’ locations).
- Currently enrolled in university working towards a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Available for a 12 month’s placement as part of an undergraduate degree course
- A keen interest in working in a generalist HR Environment and in HR activities.
- Skilled in using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel programmes.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
The application process involves;
- Submit a CV with a cover letter
- A telephone interview
- Face to face interview (with assessment centre style activities)
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 16th January 2023. Duration: 10 months.
Receive HR updates
Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Free HR advice
Book a 15 min call with our HR consultants.
Guidance on how to get HR support for your business.