The government has issued new guidance to workers and employers. Here’s a summary of the latest guidance with useful links to resources you may need:
- Those workers who can work from home should do so. In professions where this is not possible (ie the construction industry or retail / hospitality) then they should continue to go to their workplaces.
- Employers must ensure that workplace are COVID-secure. See our blog on workplace templates and posters for free downloads.
- You can also download our free homeworking risk assessment template.
- Table service must now operate in all pubs, bars and restaurants (except for takeaways).
- All outlets must now close at 10pm (also applies to takeaways).
- All employees should now wear a face covering, plus customers in indoor venues except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
- All staff to now wear face coverings.
- Businesses will now be legally obligated to follow the government guidelines, and could be fined if they do breach them.
- Fines of up to £10,000 for those not self-isolating or businesses breaking the rules.
- Those breaking the rule of six, or not wearing a face mask, could face fines of £200 for the first offence.
- Those shielding during lockdown do not need to unless otherwise advised.
If you need any advice with the new guidance and how it impacts your staff, get in touch with our team for a chat.