How to deliver effective appraisals training
Appraisals improve the relationship between employer and employee. Not only do they boost morale, but they can help with productivity, efficiency and effectiveness for the overall business.
In this practical workshop, you will learn about the rationale for performance reviews and gain insights into planning. The trainer will offer advice on key skills that managers should work on to host effective appraisals.
Managers will be given practical advice on how to deliver criticism and how to deal with criticism. They will also be given real examples of ‘good appraisals’ along with dos and don’ts and learn how to set realistic goals and measurements.
Who should attend?
- This workshop is suitable for anyone who manages staff and is responsible for performance reviews or appraisals.
- This applies to experienced managers and those who may not have delivered reviews before.
- How to create and maintain a positive people culture
- How to deliver a successful 1-2-1
- Fundamentals of active listening
- Examples of misconduct and when to take action
- How to manage the disciplinary process
- How to keep staff motivated
- How to manage difficult conversations and deliver feedback.
- Face to face: £500 (can be taken from the equivalent of your plan hours)
- Online: £400 (as above)
- Face to face: 2.5 hours
- Online: 2 hours.
Katy has given me new ways to improve communication with staff in order to boost productivity and better morale.
The Bespoke HR experience
- Expert trainer Katy Wade specialises in learning and development.
- Practical training method – with scenarios to work through and interactive style.
- Sessions can be tailored to your business requirements and learning levels.
- Sessions are delivered remotely or in person.
About the trainer
Katy Wade is a fully qualified CIPD professional with a postgraduate diploma in HR management and an Advanced Certificate in Employment Law. Katy is also a certified professional behaviour (DISC) Analyst. Katy has over 20 years of experience and is passionate about supporting businesses to develop their teams; from recruiting the right person to implementing a sound learning and development strategy.
About Bespoke HR
Bespoke HR is an independent HR consultancy based in Guildford, Surrey. We work with over 100 small to medium-sized businesses providing HR support covering everything from recruitment to redundancy.
Get in touch with us to find out more and discuss your training requirements.