Disciplinary Action Procedures
All businesses are required to follow a minimum statutory disciplinary procedure. All too often companies do not follow procedures correctly and find themselves with a tribunal lodged against them.
The statutory employee disciplinary procedure states that disciplinarians need to be reasonable and comply with the following disciplinary procedure outline:
- Application and scope including a prompt, fair and consistent process.
- Principles such as investigation, confidentiality, and right to be accompanied.
- Disciplinary hearings must have the correct preparation and conduct throughout.
- Outcome must use the correct form of disciplinary sanction.
- The right for employees to appeal.
We can help with:
- Advice and support / management of all types of employment and HR investigations, including documentation
- Advice and support / management of disciplinary hearings, including documentation
- Providing note taking resource for investigations / disciplinary hearings
“As a rapidly growing hospitality business, we realised that we needed to engage an expert partner to make sure that we were able to resolve our HR challenges quickly and pragmatically and so enlisted the support of Bespoke HR in 2005. The team have assisted us in a number of different areas from employee disputes and redundancies to TUPE and help with recruitment. Working with Bespoke HR has been seamless, and we are reassured to know we have HR support on tap so that we can get on with growing our business.”
Operations Director, Chop’d