Fundamentals of leadership training
What makes a good manager? Good communication is key to effective leadership. It improves individual and business performance avoids misunderstandings and helps to develop positive relationships with colleagues.
In this practical workshop you will learn about effective communication with staff from 1-2-1s through to formal appraisals. The trainer will also cover recruitment, HR and training and managers will learn how to create and maintain a positive people culture.
Managers will be given practical advice on how to recruit the right employees, develop their active listening skills and deal with grievances and misconduct.
Who should attend?
- This workshop is suitable for anyone who manages staff.
Katy is a wonderful trainer. She is informative, friendly, open and clear in her delivery. The content is current and easy to follow and understand. She paces the course well allowing time for you to ask questions. I would highly recommend attending any course that she presents.
- How to create and maintain a positive people culture
- How to deliver a successful 1-2-1
- Fundamentals of active listening
- Examples of misconduct and when to take action
- How to manage the disciplinary process
- How to keep staff motivated
- How to manage difficult conversations and deliver feedback.
- Face to face: £500 (can be taken from the equivalent of your plan hours)
- Online: £400 (as above)
- Face to face: 2.5 hours
- Online: 2 hours.
The Bespoke HR experience
- Expert trainer Katy Wade specialises in learning and development.
- Practical training method – with scenarios to work through and interactive style.
- Sessions can be tailored to your business requirements and learning levels.
- Sessions are delivered remotely or in person.
About the trainer
Katy Wade is a fully qualified CIPD professional with a postgraduate diploma in HR management and an Advanced Certificate in Employment Law. Katy is also a certified professional behaviour (DISC) Analyst. Katy has over 20 years of experience and is passionate about supporting businesses to develop their teams; from recruiting the right person to implementing a sound learning and development strategy.
About Bespoke HR
Bespoke HR is an independent HR consultancy based in Guildford, Surrey. We work with over 100 small to medium-sized businesses providing HR support covering everything from recruitment to redundancy.
Get in touch with us to find out more and discuss your training requirements.