We often get asked about how managers can support their employee’s wellbeing, particularly if they are working remotely. Here are some of the best free resources for employee wellbeing that we’ve found.
- The NHS Mind Plan Tool has great tips on reducing stress and anxiety.
- For mindfulness and meditation, try the Headspace and Calm apps.
- Balance meditation app offers a personalised programme for each individual.
- Mental health charity Mind has a range of free resources for employers plus dedicated mental health at work website.
- MHFA England has free tools on its website for managers including information on mental health first aid training.
- NHS has useful tips on working from home.
- Samaritans – offer listening and support to people and communities in times of need.
- Papyrus- UK charity working on the prevention of young suicide.
If you or your employees are struggling financially most high street banks now have measures in place to help. These include:
- Natwest – if quote ‘struggling financially’ on the phone, app or chat box they can help and give advice. For income worries, they have a free Financial Health Check and can also help with debt management.
- HSBC also has lots of links to help with job loss, mental health, check what you are entitled to (government benefits etc) as well as support for creating budgets or credit card repayment calculators, among others.
- Citizens Advice – offering independent advice.
- Money Saving Expert – the UK’s biggest consumer website, dedicated to cutting your bills and fighting your corner with journalistic research, cutting-edge tools and a massive community – all focused on finding deals, saving cash and campaigning for financial justice.
- Money Helper – free, impartial guidance that’s backed by government, and to recommend further, trusted support if you need it.
It’s essential to look after our physical health, and there are lots of free apps and websites to take advantage of:
- The Body Coach – has endless free content on his YouTube channel.
- Les Mills & FIIT app offer free trials of online classes.
- Davina McCall has a 7 day free trial.
- For yoga lovers, there’s a 30-day yoga challenge by Adriene on YouTube.
Healthy eating & drinking
- Subscription meal boxes can be a great way to kick-start your healthy eating habits, and most have free trials:
- NHS has a free weight loss plan.
- Why not try a social media detox? Or unfollow accounts that bring you down and fill your feed with those who make you happy. Try following accounts like Self-love Supply, The Good Quote and Feel Good Club.
- Free trial of guitar lessons from Fender.
- Free Audiobooks with a 30 day trial from Audible.
- Jamie Oliver has lots of free recipe videos.
- The Stay at Home Festival streams podcasts and comedy nights
- Alison.com has over 1,000 free courses to complete.
- Volunteering for local charities, such as Meals on Wheels.
If you would like help or advice about employee wellbeing, please get in touch.
All of our plan clients can now benefit from our partnership with Wellness Cloud, an online platform that provides employers with access to on-demand, remote wellbeing consultations to help your people to thrive.
Receive HR updates
Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Free HR advice
Book a 15 min call with our HR consultants.
Guidance on how to get HR support for your business.